Simple and convenient! I usually keep julienne vegetables, avocados and sunflower sprouts in the fridge. I also make a batch of ginger sunflower pate, this way it’s quick and easy to make the rolls when I’m on the go. This dish is also beautiful to bring at a dinner party. (Recipe from “Delightfully Raw” by Carmella’s Sunny Raw Kitchen.)
Ginger Sunflower Pate:
1 Cup Sunflower Seeds, soaked overnight
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Inch Piece Fresh Ginger, grated
1/8 Teaspoon Grated Horseradish
Salt or Tamari, to taste
1 Garlic Clove
Process until smooth in a food processor.
Red or Yellow Bell Peppers, julienned
Thinly Sliced Avocado
Sunflower or Radish Sprouts
1. Spread some ginger sunflower pate.
2. Top with julienned red bell pepper, carrot and cucumber, avocado slices, and finish with radish or sunflower sprouts.
3. Fold the bottom of the sheet up and over the filling, and roll the nori tightly using a bamboo mat or your fingers.
4. Wet the top part of the nori sheet with a little water so as to seal the sushi.
5. Let the roll sit for about 5 minutes before cutting.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut the nori roll into 5 or 6 equal parts.
7. Arrange pieces on a plate. Serve with Tamari or your favorite dipping sauce.